A Note About the Site
An article by June 30, 2008on
Last night I went through my site and removed all references to an article’s ID number. So rather than have a URL that looks like http://www.LuzCannon.com/section/ID/article it should now be http://www.LuzCannon.com/section/article. It may not seem like much of a change but I think it will help keep things “human guessable” where possible. And also, who really cares about the ID number of an article anyway? A title just seems like the intuitive way to go.
Unfortunately I didn’t think about that when I initially installed Textpattern, however many years ago that was. It seemed like last night was the best time to make the switch, after a little bit of a lull in site activity and right before I release a few projects. In any event, please hear my apology if you land on this site’s 404 error page either from a direct link from Google or one of the RSS feeds. I’m hoping that Google will update shortly and reflect the changes, which should solve some of the issues. The RSS feed should reflect the change automatically, but if you have already pulled in the feed the older references are probably broken.
Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.