Sweet Potato Fries
An article by August 15, 2010on
Until recently, only a few people knew that I love to cook. For awhile I was even thinking about taking some courses at a nearby culinary school. So far that has yet to work out since they want me to be there an extra 6 hours a day. But it doesn’t stop me from taking matters into my own hands. This is the first of my recipes, although not a very difficult or fancy one. But it’s the perfect addition to any summer menu. Well, any summer menu with a space for fried food.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into fry-like shapes.
- Soak the potato in water for about 5 minutes.
- While the fries are soaking, heat your oil of choice in a skillet on medium. If you’re on the Paleo diet, that most-likely means coconut oil.
- Add a few pieces at a time. Cook until they’re soft and beginning to turn brown.
- Remove the fries from the oil and place in a bowl. I usually put a napkin at the bottom of the bowl to soak up the extra oil.
- Load on the brown sugar and cinnamon. If you’re on the Paleo diet, go for Honey or just salt.
- Serve and enjoy.